Thursday, April 10, 2008

Official Disney Stuff

Information pack received at interview: The Disney Look book, luggage tags and stickers which have to be worn when arriving in Orlando (so that the Disney people know who you are!):
Welcome booklet:

And a funny Disney picture...just because:

Hello!

I've recently received my Disney paperwork - woop woop! It all looks so shiny and fun, although the "Disney Look" book is a little OTT. I believe there is actually a page depicting which moustaches are and are not suitable! Ah well, I suppose when you think about it, the fact that Disney is quite strict about appearance and rules does show through when you are in the parks. Their staff are always happy, clean, well presented and it does make it a better place.

Amongst all the paperwork was an official acceptance letter which I have signed and sent back to the guys in Flrorida. Next up, I have to have a CRB check, I am currently filling out the form for this. After that I will be trying to book a flight for December. Yummy Jobs seem to have a good partnership with STA Travel, so I will be contacting them and hopefully will get a very reasonably priced flight.

After my CRB check and flights have been booked I then have to sort out some medical insurance, save some money for my trip and then finally, about a month before going to WDW I will have a Visa appointment at the US Embassy in London.

I have already set up a countdown, I think that I currently have 235 days, 12 hours and 13 minutes to go until the day I depart!! Can you tell I'm excited about going?!

Anyway, aside from my year in WDW, I will be going there for a holiday after I finish uni so at least I have that to look forward to in the meantime! It'll give me a good chance to scope out where I will be working. Although we've been to WDW several times (and I'm talking double figures here!) we've never really taken the time to take in EPCOT and the different countries represented.

This time I plan on taking my camera and getting some shots of the shops I'll be working in, the costume I have to wear and hopefully, the housing complex I'll be staying in! At least this way when people say to me "are you going to be Minnie Mouse?!" I can say "um, nope, I'll be a milk maid". (Apparently the people who designed the UK pavillion think that we all dress like milk maids! You'll see what I mean when I can find a picture of the costumes.)

That's all folks!

Ooops, sorry, I should probably say something "Disney" rather a saying from Warner Bros....so in the words of Mickey Mouse...

"See ya real soon!"

No comments: