Well, it's been a while since I updated this but I have had good reason! I'll start at the very beginning...the interview.
I was up at 5am, so that I could catch a train just after 6am. This is when the first drama occurred. It managed to take an age to de-ice my car which made me a little late. Then, when I got to the station the car park ticket machine decided to take my money without giving me a ticket! So I went inside and asked for a hand written ticket, again making me a little late. After putting the ticket in my car I decided to check the machine and lo and behold my money had come out at the bottom...free parking for the day!
Anyway, I managed to get to London Waterloo in good time and found the restaurant where the interviews were taking place. I walked in, thinking that I was early and found several people already there. Most of them had come from the North and had left at around midnight the night before. And there's me thinking I had a long journey!
We all had a chat, filled in forms and got to know each other before being sent into a meeting room for the presentation. This was soooooo cheesey! But very Disney. It was quite a fun presentation actually and I even managed to win a mouse mat for answering a trivia question correctly. Yippeeee!
After the presentation we were all split up into pairs and given interview times. I had a while to wait so I went for a wander with some other girls and then we went back and read some of the leaflets provided.
My interview was ok, but afterwards I got really upset because none of my answers I gave were the same as the answers I had in my head, and in all honesty I was convinced I'd blown it. On the way home I missed the train by about 10 seconds which made me more angry and when I eventually got on a train an hour later I had a very lonely and emotional journey home.
So, having had the interview, thinkning it had gone badly and really wanting to get the position, I, like lots of other hopefuls, waited for the call or email which would tell me whether or not I got the job. Then on Monday the dreaded email came...
"Many thanks for attending the recent interviews for the Walt Disney World International Programs!
Disney was very pleased with the amount of interest we received from applicants across the country wanting to participate in Disney’s Cultural Representative Program. Your qualifications, along with those of other applicants, made their decision a challenging one. Participant selections were made after much evaluation and deliberation.
The standards were extremely high and at this time Walt Disney World are not able to offer you a position on the Cultural Representative Program. Disney will keep your details on file until October 2008 and if a position becomes available we will be in touch."
I thought this was the end of the road so I emailed them back and asked if I could apply for other programs at Disney World. The people at Yummy then emailed me back saying that I was not unsuccessful and I was on the waiting list, however I could apply for other jobs.
After this I felt better and was planning on beginning the LONG application process again when, this morning, the phone rang! It was Michele from Yummy jobs offering me a position in Merchandise at the UK Pavillion at Epcot from the December 2nd 2008!! I could not stop screaming down the phone at her! She told me all the details and asked if I would like to accept the offer...um...let me think about that?! YES YES YES!
So, you are now looking at a future Walt Disney World employee. I cannot wait to start, but still have a long way to go. There's all the paper work, a criminal record check and a visa application to go through. Not to mention finding flights and sorting out a job here so that I can save some money to take out there with me.
Well, that's all for now I think. Lots of drama this week! xx
Brand New Blog!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment