Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The fun continues....

Having sorted our visas, Heather and I decided that we were actually quite hungry so stopped at the nearest Starbucks for a White Chocolate Mocha, a toastie and a muffin! Yes, we were heffers but we had also been up since 6am and had eaten no breakfast yet...


Whilst we were leaving I caught sight of someone out of the corner of my eye....who was it I hear you ask?! Why it was none other than James Nesbitt, the guy from Cold Feet!! He was sitting by the door drinking his coffee.

Once we'd finished in Starbucks we decided that whilst we were in London and there was one so near to us, it would be rude not to go to THE DISNEY STORE!! We both wanted to buy a special pin as a memento of the day and to celebrate being approved for our visas.


Pin trading is really big in Walt Disney World. Basically, guests can go up to cast members (us!) and ask to trade any pins that they are wearing. Some though just wear special pins which they do not wish to trade. I think I will do a mixture of both. My special ones, like the one I bought today will definitely not be traded.

So anyway, we were in the Disney store having a whale of a time, being silly, acting like children and taking photos when who should walk by but another famous actor...this time it was John Hannah! He's a guy in Four Weddings and a Funeral for those who don't know. I was too slow to take pics I'm afraid.

Heather and I saw the BEST Mickey Mouse, dressed as a beefeater - he was really cool and very patriotic. We thought about how good it would be to take one with us to Florida but they were too expensive. A few minutes later a cast member came and told us they were on offer and so.....WE BOTH GOT ONE!! Yay!!! We're going to take them with us to show off to our roommates who will be from other countries.

After a fair bit of playing around in the shop we decided it was time to stop as we would be able to play lots in Florida (and get better discounts!). So we walked to the station and said goodbye. And do you know what the best thing was? I was able to say to Heather "see you in Florida"! Yep, the next time we meet, I will be waiting for her (and the others) in the airport in Orlando :o)

I had some train issues getting back to my friend's house due to track maintenance issues but got there eventually and have just spent a lovely afternoon playing in the snow and drinking tea to warm myself up!

Tomorrow I'll be heading home. Next on the list? To find a new job.....

No comments: