I don't have any blog related pics so instead, here are some my Mum took when she and Dad went to Disneyland Paris....WITHOUT ME!!!


Sorry for the lack of updates, not much has been happening lately, other than work! I now have a couple of quite big updates to share with you....
Firstly, my visa appointment is booked for next week. I'll be travelling to a friend's the night before (to save myself a 2 hour train journey from home), then getting a VERY early train to London the next morning so that I can get to the US Embassy for 7.30am, to get in a big queue and wait to be called.
The booking process was all very easy. All I needed was a credit/debit card (to pay a fee of $131), my passport number, visa application number, date of birth, address etc. I had to give the lady on the phone all this info and then she asked when I wanted to have my appointment, I said next week and she said, yep Wednesday was free. All appointments begin at 8.00am, so basically everyone with an appointment that day all turn up at the same time and it's simply luck of the draw as to which order you are seen.
I've heard from people who've been through the process before that you can be there for a good 4-5 hours if you are unlucky as there doesn't seem to be much of a system. Basically, when you're called, you go up and give your forms etc and then have to wait around until you get called again. Also, the most STUPID thing of all.....they do not allow you to take any electricals including mobile phones into the Embassy. Which is fair enough I suppose, but they don't provide ANY lockers or storage facilities. I was told to "find a locker at a train station". Now I find it a bit silly that such a place would not provide this facility - especially when people travel from all over the country to get there. Who would go without a phone?!
Ok, enough ranting! There is a positive side to this appointment. Heather (another Disney person) has her appointment on the same day as me so we're going to meet up in London! I am so excited, it means we can have a chat whilst we're waiting which will hopefully make the time fly by :o)
What else has happened? I was sure I had something else to update? Oh I know.....I have now decided to have some "Goodbye drinks" in Bristol with my friends. Which means my best uni friends will be coming to stay with me for one weekend in November and we'll all go out with my more local friends. The best party is that the dress code is DISNEY FANCY DRESS!!! Haha, how exciting? I don't think the boyfriend is too thrilled as he's not a big Disney fan so I've agreed to think of a very tame character that he can dress up as. I think I'm going for Minnie Mouse - classic Disney.
I'm going to spend this weekend finalising my list of what I still need to get done and will start going through my room, chucking out stuff I don't need, storing things I want to take etc so that it's not all a mad rush at the end of November.
I think that's enough for you to read now, especially seeing as there are so few pictures in this post, which let's face it, are the best bit! So I'll update again after my visa appointment, hopefully with lots of pics of me and Heather being silly in London! xxx


No comments:
Post a Comment