Friday, July 25, 2008

False Alarm

Well today, this evening in fact, I almost had a Disney related heart attack! I received an email from Yummy jobs stating that the dates of my programme had to be changed because of American holidays.

At first I thought that my programme had been cut short, leaving on the 2/12/08 and returning on the 12/4/09, rather than the previously planned 27/11/09. But then after a few moments of screaming like a banshee, I realised that I had to get into the American way of thinking and invert the dates. The result....an extra TWO WEEKS added to my year long programme! Woop woop. So I am now going to be there until the middle of December 2009 instead of the end of November 2009. RESULT!!

Next up, I will be booking my flights before they get too expensive and sorting out medical insurance. Oh and another bit of exciting news....Heather and her friend are coming to visit me soon, aaaaaaaand I'm going to visit the legend that is Matt! Next month has just got a whole lot better!

I am getting more and more excited now about going and cannot wait to leave this place behind for a year. Although I will of course be sad to leave certain people behind, but they will all be visiting me anyway.

Tonight I have been sitting in my garden full of candles, watching stars. The best part of my night? Thinking about the fact that I will soon be laying on a beach with some great friends watching the stars in the tropical Florida climate. It just doesn't get much better than that!

No comments: