That's right, I have signed on the dotted line, sealed the envelope and delivered my confirmation of acceptance to Disney. I had another slight mix up with them in that they sent my a letter describing the role of the UK Food and Beverage Hostess rather than a Merchandise Hostess. I had to contact Yummy to check that they had me listed as a merchandise hostess, which they did, so the nice people working for Disney simply sent me out the correct letter and everything is a-o-k!
I have also now booked my ONE WAY flight....meaning I won't be coming back...EVER! Haha ok ok I will be coming back as my visa won't allow me to stay for more than a year : (
I'll be flying with Claire, from Aberdeen and possibly Sam, from Brighton and Kayleigh, from London. I hope that Sam and Kayleigh do manage to get on our flight, it would be so much fun to have a small group of us!
I've been looking into prices of transport from the airport and because we're leaving a day early, we will need to get to a hotel and then the next morning, from the hotel to the housing complexes. So I am 99.9% certain that I will hire a car with Claire, that way we can drive to our hotel, go and get food, got to Walmart etc and have loads of space. It also means (hopefully) that we can move into the Disney housing complexes first thing on our official start date and bag the best rooms in our apartments! Clever? Yes...we're geniuses!!
Nothing much else has been sorted yet. I can't do anything about my visa until October/November when Yummy send me my appointment info so I suppose the next thing is to sort out some medical and travel insurance? I also need to do loads of silly little things like enquire about my contact lenses and medical prescriptions. I mean, where do I get them from?! I'm thinking stocking up here and taking loads with me is a good idea...but I'll see what I can find out.
Oh I've also started working on my leaving book. I'm making up a photo book online comprised of my favourite pics of family and friends as well as some empty spaces for people to write me messages, a bit like a wedding guestbook. I'll take the book with me so that I can look at the pics and messages whenever I feel like it.
Brand New Blog!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment