Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Halloween and the swinging sixties.......

(Yes, that is a full sized tea-cup, from the ride, filled ENTIRELY with "candy"!!)



I've reached the 60s...


Well, there you have it, I've reached 68 days...and still have nothing new to say! Nothing really Disney related is happening these days as there's not a lot to be done just yet.

The girls and I will need to finalise our plans and book a hotel room and car hire pretty soon, I REALLY need to buy my medical insurance (just need the funds to do it!) and make sure I have travel insurance.

It's pretty scary that the XL company has now gone bust, I nearly booked my flight ticket through them but at the last minute wanted to change to Claire's flight so that I had someone to talk to. So it's pretty lucky I swapped as I would be hugely out-of-pocket if I hadn't swapped :o(

I was talking to one of my friends at the weekend and he will be coming over next October to visit me with a friend. He's determined to get me to go to the Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights :o(

As most of you know, I'm not a good person to go and watch a scary film with, mainly because I will flat out REFUSE to go with you! So trying to take me to this event is just silly. I'd be much happier to go to Disney's more tame version...Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. The clue is in the title of that one! The Disney one is basically a night in the Magic Kingdom, with limited crowds because you need a special ticket for it, fancy dress (optional but fun!), trick or treating = LOTS of candy (notice the use of the American word there) and great fireworks, a parade and characters dressed up!

Here are some great links for both events in case anyone is interested:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2008/09/mickeys_not_so_scary_halloween_1.html

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

They celebrate Halloween in style over there so it's quite a big holiday.

I think that's about enough rambling for now, hopefully I'll have sorted more stuff out by the end of next week so will have more to say! Oh I almost forgot, I made some large photo collage posters to hang up in my room in Florida, they are supposed to be here soon so I'll try to take pics of them when they arrive :o)

1 comment:

walanr said...

hi kirsty this is auntie heather here not disney heather!!!! have a great time - i shall miss our lunches and coffees in wells somerset - this is the night before you go - last minute packing and all that and you are probably stuffed full of mum's last roast dinner - christmas style i hope - look forward to disney news - take care darling will miss you love from the reynolds xxxx