Today I received an email from Michele at Yummy confirming a BIG change to my WDW plans. I am no longer known as a Merchandise Hostess....I am now a Food & Beverage Hostess!
Rachel and I have swapped roles, a fairly painless task which involved little more than emailing Yummy and asking for their permission. They in turn contacted the Disney recruiting team who gave us the all clear and we are now switching.
In a way I am a little sad because I have made some good friends with merchies in the UK and I know that f&b is usually more challenging/stressful but I am also very happy because this is the role which I originally applied for and I think it will suit me better than merch. Also, Rachel really wanted to work in merch so I am glad to have helped her to get her preferred role! :o)
I've been looking around and found some info on the areas which I will now be working in. The f&b locations are still within the UK Pavillion of Epcot, just on the other side of the street.
Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room - Fish and chips, bangers and Mash, Prime Rib and Sherry Trifle are among the regular items at Rose and Crown. The Rose and Crown is open for lunch and dinner, inside or outside.
Thirsty?? Sit at the pub and enjoy yards of Bass Ale, Guinness Stout, Harp Lager or Caffrey's Irish Ale. The Rose and Crown contains a varied history of pub styles, combining elements from three basic pub designs: the street pub, the waterfront pub, and the country pub. The exterior design was modeled after the Elizabethan period of the late 16th century. The interior decor was pattered after Victorian architectural forms of the 1890s.
Yorkshire County Fish and Chips - counter service
Here are some sample menus from the Rose and Crown Pub and Restaurant:
Starters-
Samosas - Indian-inspired pockets stuffed with spiced vegetables served with greens and tamarind and mango sauces $7.99
Rose and Crown Cheese Plate - Irish Cheddar, Mushroom Brie, and Stilton Pastry with individual accompaniments $9.99
Roasted Mushrooms - cooked with Cream and Garlic, served on a puff pastry $5.99
Crab Timbale - lump crabmeat mixed with peppers and onions with a hint of curry served with a fresh fruit salsa and watercress $8.99
Potato and Leek Soup - $5.49
Mixed Greens Salad - with spinach, bibb lettuce, tomatoes and bacon with your choice of stilton cheese dressing or mustard vinaigrette $5.49
Entrees -
Tamarind-glazed Pork Loin - served with roasted potatoes $20.99
Steak and Fish - Grilled Steak and Harry Ramsden's Battered fresh cod, green beans and mashed potatoes $24.99
Bangers and Mash - traditional English sausages, with braised cabbage and bacon, mashed potatoes and shallot gravy $15.99
Harry Ramsden's Fish & Chips - Battered fresh Cod served with English Chips $15.99
Herb-roasted Lamb - with Irish cheddar potato gratin and Guinness Barbeque Sauce $22.99
Marinated Chicken Breast - served with roasted garlic bread pudding and onion broth topped with onion marmalade $17.99
Vegetable Curry - fresh roasted vegetables in a mild curry served with grains and Indian bread $12.99
Side Orders -
Green Beans $2.99English Peas $2.99Mashed Potatoes $2.99English Chips $2.99
Desserts -
Chocolate Scotch Cake $5.99
Baileys Irish Coffee Trifle $5.99
Warm Apple Crumble topped with ice cream $5.49
Frozen Vanilla Custard - $5.49
Sticky Toffee Pudding - $4.99
I can personally recommend this restaurant as a FANTASTIC place to eat. We went there before I knew I would be working there and have a great meal with an amazing view of the fireworks, friendly service and very yummy food. It is also reasonably priced!
Oooh....I've also just found this comment about the UK Pavillion on a holiday planning website....Chat with the Cast Members in the UK, they are among the friendliest in World Showcase.
That's it for now :o)
Brand New Blog!
13 years ago

2 comments:
That is really cool. We will both be stuck in the F&B class thing together.
Where did you find the menu thing? Do they have more of the menus. It will sure help in studying the menus. :)
Hey, I think it was on mouseears.com or somewhere like that? Maybe try allears.net? I'll have a look and let you know! :o)
Post a Comment